My Web-links

Please click on each of the web-links listed on the right hand side below, to explore your horizons.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

BBatch reunion 2018

Re Hotels for Re Union

Please comment.

Wedi



---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: asoka dissanayake <asokadissanayake75@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Re Hotels for Re Union
To: Manasara Wedisinghe <2018reunionmedbatch1960@gmail.com>


Dear Wedi,
I did not want to go ahead and ask my son's Assistant to get quotations but waited to seewhether there would be any more responses. Based on the list you sent me I figure the numbers to be as follows:
Likely attendees:
UK                       - 10 + Maklu's wife  possible     - ?
Australia              -  4                                             - 2
U.S.A.                 -   6                                            - 3
Sri Lanka            -  12                                           - 7
 Total                  -   32                                          - 12

The list only mentions batchmate couples and in the case of big Makuls I added spouse. Not sure how many many other spuses we should cater for when  deciding to ask for a quotation. Can we meet a figure of 60 persons for the Day time programme, 30 for Dinner Dance and 15 Single/Double rooms?

If you feel comfortable with these numbers, I will ask them to go ahead and get quotations from Heritance and Jetwing Beach / Jetwing Blue in Negambo, Pegasus Reef Hendala Wattala and Blue Waters Wadduwa as per my previous letter

Regards
Assa

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Manasara Wedisinghe <2018reunionmedbatch1960@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear  Assa.


Have   you  made  any  progress   in  getting  quotes  for  Hotels.

I  am  waiting  to  write  to  the Batch  mates  ,  the  final  reminder.

I  feel  we  should   give  them   the  details  of   hotel  accomofdation  , charges  etc    in  the  final  reminder.

I  don't  have  any  inputs  from  our   Group  Leaders.

I  think  it  is  time  to  have  a  discussion.

Wedi


I would be more optimistic than the app. numbers you have included in the initial count.
Being Sri Lankan’s, most of us are not always prompt and appear to be ‘last minute. com type and needs lots of persuasion ( as it is favour to them).

It is also likely that many of them may not have their correct contact details shared with us and may not be aware of the ReUnion unless their close contacts share the news.
It would be very helpful for the batch mates to know of the details of the location and app. Costs to be incurred for the day programme and the overnight stay ( b&b etc) for single, double and family rooms.

It is likely the batch mates would respond accordingly if you ask the relevant questions ;

- please confirm if you are attending ( only for the day/ whole Event )
- if you are attending; please confirm (single/ with spouse/ partner/ children)
- do you want room accommodations (yes/no)
- if yes please indicate( single/double/family)

Etc etc.

You should get a clearer picture once you send out your agreed draft programme (which may subject to minor changes later depending on the responses).

As to the numbers from UK, I have communicated with Mana intermittently but we need  further details to influence others.

These are the batch mates who are indicated as most probable( no one can be absolutely certain as at present). I have not contacted everyone in uk but Karu & I are sharing the information with most of our colleagues.

Me & my wife
Udula & hubby 
Loku Makuloluwe & wife
Punnyadasa & wife?)
Pearl & Hetti
Weerasingha & Daphne
Victor Gnanadurai & wife
Saravanamuttu & wife
Karu +
M. Jayaratnam & wife

W.R.Edirisinghe & wife
Titus Dissanayake & wife
Milroy + wife?

Likely/ May be

D.V.Atapattu & wife

Dinil Wickramasuriya & wife

N.T.De Silva & wife

Sugi Somanathan 

Sadiq

Conrad Athulathmudali 

Singaratnam 



Not attending;

Ranee Wijesurendera
Anula & Vijitha

Daya & Ranjini

Sujai Tinto 
Padma Nathan
Arulananthan
Nelaranjitharaja

Kamalini Arulambalam 

I hope these comments are helpful.

Regards


Nana



Charith Sena  Nanayakkara

Sent from my I Pad
Nana's reply certainly is not only more informative but encouraging. Once I get an idea of the prices in the next week to 10 days, we could send off the ?final circular incorporating his suggestions,
Assa
Inbox
x

Manasara Wedisinghe

Jan 8 (2 days ago)


to Asoka, Chitra, Jayalath, Lukshman, Karunanayaka, Lucky, me, Piyaseeli, Charith

Charith Nanayakkara

Jan 8 (2 days ago)


to Manasara, Asoka, Chitra, Jayalath, Lukshman, Karunanayaka, Lucky, me, Piyaseeli

asoka dissanayake

7:36 AM (22 hours ago)


to Charith, Manasara, Chitra, Jayalath, Lukshman, Karunanayaka, Lucky, me, Piyaseeli

No comments:

Post a Comment